QFTCIBSI23 Game 8, Rounds 2-3: graphic novels and royalty
Mark Brader
2023-08-24 06:45:28 UTC
These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2023-07-10,
and should be interpreted accordingly.

Please post all your answers in a single followup to the newsgroup,
the correct answers in about 3 days.

All questions were written by members of Bloor St. Irregulars and
are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may
have been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information
please see my 2023-05-24 companion posting on "Questions from the
Canadian Inquisition (QFTCI*)".

* Game 8, Round 2 - Literature - Graphic Novels and Comic Books

1. "A Contract with God and other Tenement Stories", from 1978,
is often credited as the first graphic novel. Name its author,
also famous for his groundbreaking early work in the 1940s and
'50s with "The Spirit" and for his namesake award given annually
for creative achievement in comics.

2. Name the Canadian cartoonist famous for her webcomic "Hark! A
Vagrant" and for her memoir "Ducks: Two Years in the Oil Sands",
which became the first graphic work to win Canada Reads in 2023.

3. Name Art Spiegelman's anthropomorphized retelling of his father's
experiences during the Holocaust. It was the first graphic
novel to win the Pulitzer Prize.

4. Name the prolific British author of influential graphic novels
"Watchmen", "V for Vendetta", "From Hell", and "The League of
Extraordinary Gentlemen". Dissatisfied with adaptations of
his work to other media, he is often uncredited on projects
for which he doesn't own all the rights.

5. Name Marjane Satrapi's autobiographical account of growing up
in Iran during and after the Islamic Revolution. The graphic
novel takes its name from the ancient capital city of the
Persian Empire.

6. Name the title character of Bryan Lee O'Malley's graphic
novel series set in Toronto. The lead character is a slacker
20-something who plays bass in the band Sex Bob-Omb and has to
fight Ramona Flowers' seven evil exes in order to date her.

7. Name the prolific Canadian writer and poet who is currently
up for the <answer 1> award for writing a graphic adaptation
of a Tori Amos song. She has also written the graphic novel
"Angel Catbird", featuring an animal-human hybrid hero, a topic
she also covered in her novel "Oryx and Crake".

8. Neil Gaiman is well known for his novels, which include "Good
Omens", "American Gods", "Anansi Boys", "Stardust", and
"Coraline", but he is probably best known for what graphic
novel series focusing on Morpheus, also known as "Dream of
the Endless"?

9. Name the cartoonist responsible for the award-winning graphic
novel "Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic". She is also known for
a test that measures the representation of women in film and
other works of fiction, which she introduced in her "Dykes to
Watch Out For" comic strip.

10. Name *either* of the two men who collaborated on the 1978
graphic novel "The Silver Surfer". They had a long creative
partnership in the 1960s, but this final collaboration came
after many years of acrimony between the two men and did not
succeed in mending the rift, which continues to be felt in pop
culture to this day even though both men have died.

* Game 8, Round 3 - History - Royalty

This round is flush with royals, so to speak.

1. For questions #1-4, tell us how each monarch was related to
his/her successor. We'll also mention the year of succession.
William IV and Victoria, 1837.

2. Edward VIII and George VI, 1936.

3. George II and George III, 1760.

4. Mary I ("Bloody Mary") and Elizabeth I, 1558.

5. And now, for something completely different. Of which monarch
did John Cleese say that the most interesting thing about him is
that he was 5'6" tall at the start of his reign, but only 4'8"
at the end of it? Name and number required.

6. Queen Anne died childless in 1714, and her sister Queen Mary II
also died without heir, so the Stuart dynasty came to an end.
A successor was found, a distant cousin of the German House of
Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, who became King George I. Why were 56
other candidates with closer hereditary claims bypassed?

7. In 1917, when German Gotha bombers were hitting London, George V
changed the family name (royal house) from Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
-- to what?

8. Buckingham Palace has 775 rooms, including 78 bathrooms, but
who was the first monarch to live there?

9. What was the last year during which the UK had three kings?

10. Name *either one* of the two personal documents, of which most
Britons would have at least one, that Queen Elizabeth II
never had.
--
Mark Brader | "Are you coming to bed?"
Toronto | "I can't. This is important... Someone is WRONG on the Internet."

Erland Sommarskog
2023-08-24 19:00:03 UTC
Post by Mark Brader
* Game 8, Round 3 - History - Royalty
This round is flush with royals, so to speak.
1. For questions #1-4, tell us how each monarch was related to
his/her successor. We'll also mention the year of succession.
William IV and Victoria, 1837.
Uncle and niece
Post by Mark Brader
2. Edward VIII and George VI, 1936.
Brothers
Post by Mark Brader
3. George II and George III, 1760.
Father and son?
Post by Mark Brader
4. Mary I ("Bloody Mary") and Elizabeth I, 1558.
Sisters
Post by Mark Brader
5. And now, for something completely different. Of which monarch
did John Cleese say that the most interesting thing about him is
that he was 5'6" tall at the start of his reign, but only 4'8"
at the end of it? Name and number required.
Charles I
Post by Mark Brader
6. Queen Anne died childless in 1714, and her sister Queen Mary II
also died without heir, so the Stuart dynasty came to an end.
A successor was found, a distant cousin of the German House of
Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, who became King George I. Why were 56
other candidates with closer hereditary claims bypassed?
At least the closest ones were catholics.
Post by Mark Brader
7. In 1917, when German Gotha bombers were hitting London, George V
changed the family name (royal house) from Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
-- to what?
Windsor
Post by Mark Brader
8. Buckingham Palace has 775 rooms, including 78 bathrooms, but
who was the first monarch to live there?
George III
Post by Mark Brader
9. What was the last year during which the UK had three kings?
1936
ID card
Mark Brader
2023-08-25 10:58:13 UTC
Post by Erland Sommarskog
Post by Mark Brader
10. Name *either one* of the two personal documents, of which most
Britons would have at least one, that Queen Elizabeth II
never had.
ID card
Spoken like a true foreigner! The concept of a single national
ID card is one that the English-speaking countries generally
believe in. In North America at least, people who want verification
of your identity will generally ask for your driver's license.
(Nowadays similar-looking cards are issued to non-drivers, at
least in some states and provinces).
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "It's easier to deal with 'opposite numbers'
***@vex.net | when you know you cannot trust them." --Chess

Mark Brader
2023-08-25 11:09:11 UTC
Post by Mark Brader
Spoken like a true foreigner! The concept of a single national
ID card is one that the English-speaking countries generally
believe in.
Not! Is NOT one. (Sigh.)
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "Just be yourself -- everybody else is taken."
***@vex.net | --David Crombie

Pete Gayde
2023-08-25 01:17:59 UTC
Post by Mark Brader
[...]
Stan Lee
Post by Mark Brader
* Game 8, Round 3 - History - Royalty
This round is flush with royals, so to speak.
1. For questions #1-4, tell us how each monarch was related to
his/her successor. We'll also mention the year of succession.
William IV and Victoria, 1837.
Uncle and Niece
Post by Mark Brader
3. George II and George III, 1760.
Father and Son
Post by Mark Brader
4. Mary I ("Bloody Mary") and Elizabeth I, 1558.
Cousins
Post by Mark Brader
5. And now, for something completely different. Of which monarch
did John Cleese say that the most interesting thing about him is
that he was 5'6" tall at the start of his reign, but only 4'8"
at the end of it? Name and number required.
Richard III
Post by Mark Brader
8. Buckingham Palace has 775 rooms, including 78 bathrooms, but
who was the first monarch to live there?
9. What was the last year during which the UK had three kings?
10. Name *either one* of the two personal documents, of which most
Britons would have at least one, that Queen Elizabeth II
never had.
Passport
Pete Gayde
Dan Blum
2023-08-25 03:04:52 UTC
Post by Mark Brader
* Game 8, Round 2 - Literature - Graphic Novels and Comic Books
1. "A Contract with God and other Tenement Stories", from 1978,
is often credited as the first graphic novel. Name its author,
also famous for his groundbreaking early work in the 1940s and
'50s with "The Spirit" and for his namesake award given annually
for creative achievement in comics.
Will Eisner
Post by Mark Brader
2. Name the Canadian cartoonist famous for her webcomic "Hark! A
Vagrant" and for her memoir "Ducks: Two Years in the Oil Sands",
which became the first graphic work to win Canada Reads in 2023.
Kate Beaton
Post by Mark Brader
3. Name Art Spiegelman's anthropomorphized retelling of his father's
experiences during the Holocaust. It was the first graphic
novel to win the Pulitzer Prize.
Maus
Post by Mark Brader
4. Name the prolific British author of influential graphic novels
"Watchmen", "V for Vendetta", "From Hell", and "The League of
Extraordinary Gentlemen". Dissatisfied with adaptations of
his work to other media, he is often uncredited on projects
for which he doesn't own all the rights.
Alan Moore
Post by Mark Brader
5. Name Marjane Satrapi's autobiographical account of growing up
in Iran during and after the Islamic Revolution. The graphic
novel takes its name from the ancient capital city of the
Persian Empire.
Persepolis
Post by Mark Brader
6. Name the title character of Bryan Lee O'Malley's graphic
novel series set in Toronto. The lead character is a slacker
20-something who plays bass in the band Sex Bob-Omb and has to
fight Ramona Flowers' seven evil exes in order to date her.
Scott Pilgrim
Post by Mark Brader
7. Name the prolific Canadian writer and poet who is currently
up for the <answer 1> award for writing a graphic adaptation
of a Tori Amos song. She has also written the graphic novel
"Angel Catbird", featuring an animal-human hybrid hero, a topic
she also covered in her novel "Oryx and Crake".
Margaret Atwood
Post by Mark Brader
8. Neil Gaiman is well known for his novels, which include "Good
Omens", "American Gods", "Anansi Boys", "Stardust", and
"Coraline", but he is probably best known for what graphic
novel series focusing on Morpheus, also known as "Dream of
the Endless"?
Sandman
Post by Mark Brader
9. Name the cartoonist responsible for the award-winning graphic
novel "Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic". She is also known for
a test that measures the representation of women in film and
other works of fiction, which she introduced in her "Dykes to
Watch Out For" comic strip.
Alison Bechdel
Post by Mark Brader
10. Name *either* of the two men who collaborated on the 1978
graphic novel "The Silver Surfer". They had a long creative
partnership in the 1960s, but this final collaboration came
after many years of acrimony between the two men and did not
succeed in mending the rift, which continues to be felt in pop
culture to this day even though both men have died.
Jack Kirby
Post by Mark Brader
* Game 8, Round 3 - History - Royalty
This round is flush with royals, so to speak.
1. For questions #1-4, tell us how each monarch was related to
his/her successor. We'll also mention the year of succession.
William IV and Victoria, 1837.
uncle
Post by Mark Brader
2. Edward VIII and George VI, 1936.
brother
Post by Mark Brader
3. George II and George III, 1760.
grandfather
Post by Mark Brader
4. Mary I ("Bloody Mary") and Elizabeth I, 1558.
half-sister
Post by Mark Brader
6. Queen Anne died childless in 1714, and her sister Queen Mary II
also died without heir, so the Stuart dynasty came to an end.
A successor was found, a distant cousin of the German House of
Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, who became King George I. Why were 56
other candidates with closer hereditary claims bypassed?
they were Catholic
Post by Mark Brader
8. Buckingham Palace has 775 rooms, including 78 bathrooms, but
who was the first monarch to live there?
George III; George IV
Post by Mark Brader
9. What was the last year during which the UK had three kings?
1483
Dan Blum ***@panix.com
Joshua Kreitzer
2023-08-25 03:15:43 UTC
Post by Mark Brader
* Game 8, Round 2 - Literature - Graphic Novels and Comic Books
1. "A Contract with God and other Tenement Stories", from 1978,
is often credited as the first graphic novel. Name its author,
also famous for his groundbreaking early work in the 1940s and
'50s with "The Spirit" and for his namesake award given annually
for creative achievement in comics.
Eisner
Post by Mark Brader
3. Name Art Spiegelman's anthropomorphized retelling of his father's
experiences during the Holocaust. It was the first graphic
novel to win the Pulitzer Prize.
"Maus"
Post by Mark Brader
4. Name the prolific British author of influential graphic novels
"Watchmen", "V for Vendetta", "From Hell", and "The League of
Extraordinary Gentlemen". Dissatisfied with adaptations of
his work to other media, he is often uncredited on projects
for which he doesn't own all the rights.
Moore
Post by Mark Brader
7. Name the prolific Canadian writer and poet who is currently
up for the <answer 1> award for writing a graphic adaptation
of a Tori Amos song. She has also written the graphic novel
"Angel Catbird", featuring an animal-human hybrid hero, a topic
she also covered in her novel "Oryx and Crake".
Post by Mark Brader
9. Name the cartoonist responsible for the award-winning graphic
novel "Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic". She is also known for
a test that measures the representation of women in film and
other works of fiction, which she introduced in her "Dykes to
Watch Out For" comic strip.
Bechdel
Post by Mark Brader
10. Name *either* of the two men who collaborated on the 1978
graphic novel "The Silver Surfer". They had a long creative
partnership in the 1960s, but this final collaboration came
after many years of acrimony between the two men and did not
succeed in mending the rift, which continues to be felt in pop
culture to this day even though both men have died.
Kirby
Post by Mark Brader
4. Mary I ("Bloody Mary") and Elizabeth I, 1558.
sister
Post by Mark Brader
8. Buckingham Palace has 775 rooms, including 78 bathrooms, but
who was the first monarch to live there?
George IV

***@hotmail.com
Dan Tilque
2023-08-25 05:15:17 UTC
Post by Mark Brader
6. Queen Anne died childless in 1714, and her sister Queen Mary II
also died without heir, so the Stuart dynasty came to an end.
A successor was found, a distant cousin of the German House of
Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, who became King George I. Why were 56
other candidates with closer hereditary claims bypassed?
They were Roman Catholic
Post by Mark Brader
10. Name *either one* of the two personal documents, of which most
Britons would have at least one, that Queen Elizabeth II
never had.
driver's licence

(She didn't have one as Queen, but likely had one as Princess. Dunno if
that's an issue for this question.)
Dan Tilque
swp
2023-08-25 23:12:26 UTC
Post by Mark Brader
These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2023-07-10,
and should be interpreted accordingly.
Please post all your answers in a single followup to the newsgroup,
the correct answers in about 3 days.
All questions were written by members of Bloor St. Irregulars and
are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may
have been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information
please see my 2023-05-24 companion posting on "Questions from the
Canadian Inquisition (QFTCI*)".
* Game 8, Round 2 - Literature - Graphic Novels and Comic Books
1. "A Contract with God and other Tenement Stories", from 1978,
is often credited as the first graphic novel. Name its author,
also famous for his groundbreaking early work in the 1940s and
'50s with "The Spirit" and for his namesake award given annually
for creative achievement in comics.
eisner
Post by Mark Brader
2. Name the Canadian cartoonist famous for her webcomic "Hark! A
Vagrant" and for her memoir "Ducks: Two Years in the Oil Sands",
which became the first graphic work to win Canada Reads in 2023.
kate beaton
Post by Mark Brader
3. Name Art Spiegelman's anthropomorphized retelling of his father's
experiences during the Holocaust. It was the first graphic
novel to win the Pulitzer Prize.
maus
Post by Mark Brader
4. Name the prolific British author of influential graphic novels
"Watchmen", "V for Vendetta", "From Hell", and "The League of
Extraordinary Gentlemen". Dissatisfied with adaptations of
his work to other media, he is often uncredited on projects
for which he doesn't own all the rights.
alan moore
Post by Mark Brader
5. Name Marjane Satrapi's autobiographical account of growing up
in Iran during and after the Islamic Revolution. The graphic
novel takes its name from the ancient capital city of the
Persian Empire.
perseopolis?
Post by Mark Brader
6. Name the title character of Bryan Lee O'Malley's graphic
novel series set in Toronto. The lead character is a slacker
20-something who plays bass in the band Sex Bob-Omb and has to
fight Ramona Flowers' seven evil exes in order to date her.
scott pilgrim
Post by Mark Brader
7. Name the prolific Canadian writer and poet who is currently
up for the <answer 1> award for writing a graphic adaptation
of a Tori Amos song. She has also written the graphic novel
"Angel Catbird", featuring an animal-human hybrid hero, a topic
she also covered in her novel "Oryx and Crake".
m. atwood
Post by Mark Brader
8. Neil Gaiman is well known for his novels, which include "Good
Omens", "American Gods", "Anansi Boys", "Stardust", and
"Coraline", but he is probably best known for what graphic
novel series focusing on Morpheus, also known as "Dream of
the Endless"?
sandman [you left out ''the ocean at the end of the lane]
Post by Mark Brader
10. Name *either* of the two men who collaborated on the 1978
graphic novel "The Silver Surfer". They had a long creative
partnership in the 1960s, but this final collaboration came
after many years of acrimony between the two men and did not
succeed in mending the rift, which continues to be felt in pop
culture to this day even though both men have died.
stan lee ; jack kirby
Post by Mark Brader
* Game 8, Round 3 - History - Royalty
This round is flush with royals, so to speak.
1. For questions #1-4, tell us how each monarch was related to
his/her successor. We'll also mention the year of succession.
William IV and Victoria, 1837.
uncle/niece
Post by Mark Brader
2. Edward VIII and George VI, 1936.
brothers
Post by Mark Brader
3. George II and George III, 1760.
grandfather/grandson
Post by Mark Brader
4. Mary I ("Bloody Mary") and Elizabeth I, 1558.
sisters
Post by Mark Brader
5. And now, for something completely different. Of which monarch
did John Cleese say that the most interesting thing about him is
that he was 5'6" tall at the start of his reign, but only 4'8"
at the end of it? Name and number required.
charles i
Post by Mark Brader
6. Queen Anne died childless in 1714, and her sister Queen Mary II
also died without heir, so the Stuart dynasty came to an end.
A successor was found, a distant cousin of the German House of
Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, who became King George I. Why were 56
other candidates with closer hereditary claims bypassed?
he was protestant?
Post by Mark Brader
8. Buckingham Palace has 775 rooms, including 78 bathrooms, but
who was the first monarch to live there?
queen victoria?
Post by Mark Brader
9. What was the last year during which the UK had three kings?
1936 [and the only one]
Post by Mark Brader
10. Name *either one* of the two personal documents, of which most
Britons would have at least one, that Queen Elizabeth II
never had.
passport ; driver's license
swp, http://xkcd.com/386
Mark Brader
2023-08-27 08:24:31 UTC
Post by Mark Brader
These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2023-07-10,
and should be interpreted accordingly... For further information
please see my 2023-05-24 companion posting on "Questions from the
Canadian Inquisition (QFTCI*)".
* Game 8, Round 2 - Literature - Graphic Novels and Comic Books
1. "A Contract with God and other Tenement Stories", from 1978,
is often credited as the first graphic novel. Name its author,
also famous for his groundbreaking early work in the 1940s and
'50s with "The Spirit" and for his namesake award given annually
for creative achievement in comics.
Will Eisner. (Not Harvey Kurtzman, that's a different award.)
4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, and Stephen.
Post by Mark Brader
2. Name the Canadian cartoonist famous for her webcomic "Hark! A
Vagrant" and for her memoir "Ducks: Two Years in the Oil Sands",
which became the first graphic work to win Canada Reads in 2023.
Kate Beaton. 4 for Dan Blum and Stephen.
Post by Mark Brader
3. Name Art Spiegelman's anthropomorphized retelling of his father's
experiences during the Holocaust. It was the first graphic
novel to win the Pulitzer Prize.
"Maus: A Survivor's Tale" (subtitle not required). 4 for Dan Blum,
Joshua, and Stephen.
Post by Mark Brader
4. Name the prolific British author of influential graphic novels
"Watchmen", "V for Vendetta", "From Hell", and "The League of
Extraordinary Gentlemen". Dissatisfied with adaptations of
his work to other media, he is often uncredited on projects
for which he doesn't own all the rights.
Alan Moore. 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, and Stephen.
Post by Mark Brader
5. Name Marjane Satrapi's autobiographical account of growing up
in Iran during and after the Islamic Revolution. The graphic
novel takes its name from the ancient capital city of the
Persian Empire.
"Persepolis". 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, and Stephen.
Post by Mark Brader
6. Name the title character of Bryan Lee O'Malley's graphic
novel series set in Toronto. The lead character is a slacker
20-something who plays bass in the band Sex Bob-Omb and has to
fight Ramona Flowers' seven evil exes in order to date her.
Scott Pilgrim. 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, and Stephen.
Post by Mark Brader
7. Name the prolific Canadian writer and poet who is currently
up for the <answer 1> award for writing a graphic adaptation
of a Tori Amos song. She has also written the graphic novel
"Angel Catbird", featuring an animal-human hybrid hero, a topic
she also covered in her novel "Oryx and Crake".
Margaret Atwood. ("Silent All These Years", with David Mack).
4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, and Stephen.

It didn't win; the Best Short Story Eisner Award went to Kevin Conroy
(posthumously) and J. Bone for "Finding Batman".
Post by Mark Brader
8. Neil Gaiman is well known for his novels, which include "Good
Omens", "American Gods", "Anansi Boys", "Stardust", and
"Coraline", but he is probably best known for what graphic
novel series focusing on Morpheus, also known as "Dream of
the Endless"?
"The Sandman". 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, Dan Tilque, and Stephen.
Post by Mark Brader
9. Name the cartoonist responsible for the award-winning graphic
novel "Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic". She is also known for
a test that measures the representation of women in film and
other works of fiction, which she introduced in her "Dykes to
Watch Out For" comic strip.
Alison Bechdel. 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, and Stephen.
Post by Mark Brader
10. Name *either* of the two men who collaborated on the 1978
graphic novel "The Silver Surfer". They had a long creative
partnership in the 1960s, but this final collaboration came
after many years of acrimony between the two men and did not
succeed in mending the rift, which continues to be felt in pop
culture to this day even though both men have died.
Stan Lee, Jack Kirby. 4 for Pete, Dan Blum, Joshua, and Stephen
(the hard way).
Post by Mark Brader
* Game 8, Round 3 - History - Royalty
This round is flush with royals, so to speak.
1. For questions #1-4, tell us how each monarch was related to
his/her successor. We'll also mention the year of succession.
William IV and Victoria, 1837.
Uncle and niece. 4 for everyone -- Erland, Pete, Dan Blum, Joshua,
Dan Tilque, and Stephen.
Post by Mark Brader
2. Edward VIII and George VI, 1936.
Brothers. 4 for everyone.
Post by Mark Brader
3. George II and George III, 1760.
Grandfather and grandson. 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, Dan Tilque,
and Stephen.
Post by Mark Brader
4. Mary I ("Bloody Mary") and Elizabeth I, 1558.
Half-sisters. 4 for Dan Blum and Dan Tilque.

In the original game "sisters" would have drawn a "more specific", but
I'm not accepting it here.
Post by Mark Brader
5. And now, for something completely different. Of which monarch
did John Cleese say that the most interesting thing about him is
that he was 5'6" tall at the start of his reign, but only 4'8"
at the end of it? Name and number required.
Charles I. 4 for Erland, Dan Blum, Joshua, Dan Tilque, and Stephen.
Post by Mark Brader
6. Queen Anne died childless in 1714, and her sister Queen Mary II
also died without heir, so the Stuart dynasty came to an end.
A successor was found, a distant cousin of the German House of
Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, who became King George I. Why were 56
other candidates with closer hereditary claims bypassed?
They were all Catholics, excluded from the throne by the Act of
Succession in 1702. 4 for Erland, Dan Blum, Joshua, and Dan Tilque.
Post by Mark Brader
7. In 1917, when German Gotha bombers were hitting London, George V
changed the family name (royal house) from Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
-- to what?
Windsor. 4 for everyone.
Post by Mark Brader
8. Buckingham Palace has 775 rooms, including 78 bathrooms, but
who was the first monarch to live there?
Queen Victoria. 4 for Stephen.
Post by Mark Brader
9. What was the last year during which the UK had three kings?
1936. (George V, Edward VIII, George VI.) 4 for Erland, Joshua,
Dan Tilque, and Stephen.
Post by Mark Brader
10. Name *either one* of the two personal documents, of which most
Britons would have at least one, that Queen Elizabeth II
never had.
Passport, driver's license. 4 for Pete, Dan Blum, Joshua, Dan Tilque,
and Stephen (the hard way).

As Dan Tilque noted, *Queen* Elizabeth never needed either document,
but earlier it was different. See:

http://live-production.wcms.abc-cdn.net.au/b273891d02a76a09c4e7c9a7168c43c2

After her death the thing was included in a batch of royal memorabilia
sold at auction for £6,800.

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 8 ROUNDS-> 2 3 TOTALS
TOPICS-> Lit His
Dan Blum 40 32 72
Stephen Perry 40 32 72
Joshua Kreitzer 36 32 68
Dan Tilque 4 36 40
Erland Sommarskog 0 24 24
Pete Gayde 4 16 20
--
Mark Brader "I am Sam. Sam I am.
Toronto I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."